Skip to main content

Lunch out with sister and friend




It's Friday so we decided to treat ourselves, so we traverse the Commonwealth going to UP Town.  Actually, I will treat the two (since I will be paying) to Ryu Ramen and Curry.  The traffic was so heavy that it took us almost an hour to reach the place, and we were only at the vicinity since our office is in Quezon Avenue corner EDSA.

Nevertheless, we persevere and there we were.  Luck is on us, the place is full and we have to wait for about 15 minutes (standing) Ryu Ramen and Curry in this area is relatively a small place with patronage more than it can house.  Since it was a full house, we chatted for a while.  It was my idea that maybe the food taste good since many are its customers.  Alas, we were seated and given the menu.  So we review the menu and called on the assistance, a bowl of ryutantamen, two kinds of gyoza (pork and chicken) ebi tempura, japanese fried rice  and beef tendon curry were our choices.

First to serve was the pork gyoza, with hot brown sauce, quite tasty.  The chicken gyoza was then served, more palatable than the first one (at least in my tongue).  Liz who ordered beef tendon curry was surprised, the beef curry was a bit too soupy that expected, but the meat was tender.  So it was rather on the not so so good side.  The ebi tempura with its slightly sweetened sauce goes well with japanese fried rice, love it.  The ramen was another story, it medium hot (chilli), a concoction of peanut, other seasonings, pork cutlets, noodles, egg(half-cooked boiled egg).  It was first for the three of us to taste ramen cooked that way.  The anticipation slightly dampened, as the soup tasted like a soupy kare-kare,  We eat and eat not happy but not so sad either.
 
As we would like to end our meal with desserts which the said place do not have, we choose the nearby cake house for the much needed sweetness.  Vanilla cake, was the quick place.

There were plenty of cupcakes and cakes and other varieties of desserts, the place was decorated with colorful and chintz chairs and tables.   We opted for blueberry cheese, walnut caramel, and red velvet cupcakes with banofee on standby.  Well, it fell short of the expectation, I dumped my order into my mouth and urged the two to do the same since we have to come back to the office.  I felt I lost a lot of money today, The food was not really tasty, well not really bad but it can be improved.

See you when we next have our meal ouside                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Reaching the Final End

Is dying the final end?  At this point i have reached another phase of life...when i decided to end the relation, i thought i would die,there was so much pain, pain that brought so much tears and heartaches which lasted for a long time. I'd pray every night for guidance, for God to hold my hand and guide me through life.  Slowly, very slowly my days are gets brighter, smiles come easy, i can see colors, bright and loud.  Once again, my heart sings and my eyes aglow and my voice has its vibrato.  Yes, there is a new world before my eyes, awaiting for me.  I was given another chance to live happy and freely. Free from hurt and from the thought that i made mistakes that ends my seven years of relationship to the man i had love all my life.   Just when i have found myself again, i learned of his demise.  I searched for that emotion, but i am empty.  Suddenly, the man is just another stranger that passed this earth.  I know i love him, but where this love gone?  I know him, yes,